Orthodox Cathedral of the Holy Transfiguration – Trebinje

 

Building of Orthodox Cathedral of the Holy Transfiguration in Trebinje started in 1888, and finished in 1908. The church was built using local limestone and white marble. Restoration-conservation works on facades were performed in July-December 2002. Before that period the church was renovated in 1957.
The church was greatly damaged, especially the northern facade: big or small parts of stone were missing. Stone was worn-out and extremely crumbly, almost without any mechanical strength. Facade plastics were highly damaged, at some places up to unrecognizability. The following sanation and restoration-conservation works were done:
- Breaking and removing parts of lime stone which is crumbly and prone to falling: over 20m3 of crumbly stone was removed from the church facade;
- Removing worn out joints between stone blocks on the facade;
- Consolidation - strengthening the stone on the facade by using the product
ECO CONSOLID K;
- Sanation of damaged stone on the facade;
- Restoration of lime stone on the facade;
- Restoration of white marble placed around church windows;
- Making new joints;
- Protection - conservation of lime stone on the facade by using the products
ECO IMPREGNIR MK and ECO IMPREGNIR S;
- Conservation of white marble by using the products ECO IMPREGNIR K and
ECO IMPREGNIR MK.

Search
  About Us | Products | Services | References | Acknowledgements | Attestations | Innovations | FAQ | Gallery | Contact
Sanation, restoration, conservation, waterproofing and everything else that others can’t do...that well
Copyright © 2007 HEMI ECO

Recently viewed pages

Ћирилица srb
Latinica srb
English